Can anyone please explain to me what Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) is..

Can anyone please explain to me what Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) is. My 16 year old is being tested? Why the fvck would someone give you a thumbs down Doc House... She s been having dizzy spells for years...when she stands up she gets very dizzy...and on occasion her heart races at a very fast rate...up to 300 beats per minute. It freaks her out and tends to lead her to start panicking which makes things worse *sigh* hopefully it s nothing too serious oh she also has an innocent murmur
Wed, 16 Dec 2009