Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Can any online doctor tell me what is wrong with my son's blood report ?

my son is 4 years and had test please. 1.WBC 5.63 2.RBC 4.01 3.HGB 10.7 4.PLT --- what is wrong and treatment
Asked On : Sun, 25 Sep 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
mild anaemia
haematenics need to be taken
consult child specialist
Answered: Sun, 25 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
The report is suggestive of low Anemia. treatment will depend o type of
anemia ie macrocytic or microcytic. and also cause for ir is to be corrected like Nutritiona,or chronic loss. In macrocytic folic acid and vitamin B12 will work and in
microcytic iron will work and the cause of it as well is to be corrected.So unless you
give detail history of patients and alldetail report of haemogram no body can advise
you correctly. How ever report is not alarming so you can take your own time for
submitting the report in detail. Thanks
Answered: Sun, 25 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.Reports show anemia only.Deworm your child and give him hematinics in consultation with your pediatrician.If after six weeks HB doesn't improve then get the iron studies done.Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 25 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Report of your son is normal except he is having Anaemia.
At this age it may be due to Worm infestation,thread worm,hook worm or round worm causing anemia.
Go for stool test and find out the worms ova or cyst.
Give Albendazole syrup after consulting your doctor.
Give good branded Iron syrup for about one month.
Give fresh veggies soup and fresh fruit juices.
Give nourishing diet.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 25 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor