Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Can any online doctor tell me about the condition of my back and if any surgery required ?

HI, my name is maria, on april of 2010 I had a fall at work, I was at the time a dietary cook. I had a really bad fall on my way to discard some boxes in our store area as I was walking my foot caught on to some electrical cords that were taped on top of a metal plate under the door frame. I fell face down forward it happened so quickly that before I new what had just happened I had fallen this fall left me so shaken that it was dificult to move and pick my self up. I instantly felt pain to my low back, mid back, upper back ,nect ,shoulders and pain to my right knee I also felt pain in my ribs and chest . I would like to mention to you that I have had 2 spinal surgeries the have fused my L5 to my L4 I have had a total of 4 falls at my ex-place of employment that have injured my whole back this by far has been my worst fall of the 4 It s been a year since my fall and I still have pain in all the places that I have mentioned to you. I have pain to my left leg that shoots down my left leg to the shin area that feels like im being cut and it feels numb my foot has tingling and numbness to it. I recently have found out that I am diabetic. I am a 54 yr old woman that is weighing now at 160 lbs. I recently had an MRI done to mid/low back. I now have 5 bulging disk, my L3,l4,and L5 the nerves are being compressed. My question is how bad is my back and in your opinion will I need surgery . The pain is always there to my leg especially when I try to walk faster. What kind of shape am I in?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
hi read your prob , if you feel more pain n due to it you can do your normal work, cant sleep, if you feel sensory loss on leg , tingling sensation , or any other kind of weakness on legs , you should go for surgery it helps you for leading a normal life. if only pain persist which is tolrated use waist belt , start physiotharapy only
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor