Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Can any online doctor help me as I have been suffering from pain due to broken fibula for 3 years now ?

Pauline 42 yrs. I suffered open fractures to my left tibia & fibula 6 yrs ago after a road accident. Since then I have had 2 grafts and pinnings of the tibia, which has now finally healed. The 2nd graft was taken from the fibula around 3 1/2 years ago which has not healed yet. I am very stiff in the mornings and suffer much pain throughout the day and night. My knee and ankle swell up, sharp stabbing pains near the breaks. I often have pins and needles in my left foot, and now get a popping sensation in my right hip. I suppose because my right leg has been compensating for 6 years now. I am unsteady on my feet but walk as much as possible with 1 stick and keep up a good diet . I have kept up all my exercises even though there is no more the physio can do for me. Will my mobility stay like this? or is there more the orthopaedic surgeon can do?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  208
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks fro query.
You suffered a lot during these 6 years.
As long time is passed I thing more can be done to improve your present status.
As second graft is still not healed I doubt that there may be Osteomyelitis of fibula.
For this you may consult orthopedic.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor