Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Can any doctor advice on counseling pertining to AIDS phobia ?

Dear Doctor , I have been having a lot of obsessive negative and phobias about HIV AIDS , i am unmarried and not sexually active also , because of irrational fear , this has caused a lot of damage to my carrer , i cannot take actions in life , i am constantly fearing it all the time, how to overcome my obsessive thought which i have been facing for past 14 years, i have read all information on the internet yet i feel fearfull of hiv. i need a good counseller to help me come out of my mental trauma. I am from Mumbai , India , regards
Asked On : Wed, 3 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

Obscession could be treated, you should not have wasted so many years.
You need to be addressed by a psychiatrist for your problem.
You would be given cognitive behavior therapy.

And from my side I can counsel you by saying that HIV would only be contracted if you have unprotected intercourse with a HIV positive partner.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. .
There are good reviews from our users about this hospital/doctors in your area and would guide you well.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health.


Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor