Can anxiety before pregnancy test affect the results?

Hello Everyone, Me and my wife are going to have family planning. My wife has missed her periods. She has a regular period. She checked her pregnancy test. It came to negative. Let me tell you one thing. Before performing pregnancy test she is thinking too much about it and excited also. Does she need to wait for sometime to re-perform pregnancy test or is it simply hormonal imbalance due to too much thought process ?
Wed, 11 Sep 2019
Pulmonologist 's  Response

No, emotions like anxiety, stress can not affect Pregnancy test results. But in early pregnancy, due to low HCG hormone, pregnancy tests can be negative.

So in my opinion, you should wait for 1-2 weeks more. Get done repeat test after 1-2 weeks.

If this repeat test is also negative then consult a gynecologist and get done detailed hormone levels and ultrasound abdomen to rule out the hormonal imbalance.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Kaushal Bhavsar, Pulmonologist