Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

181 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Can an online suggest a doctor and hospital for treating lameness which was due to a pubo of the left leg joint ?

Hello, My mother is 54 years old now. When she was 21 year of age. She had a Pubo on her Left Leg Joint which resluted into lameness for her (Since then she is lame till today). She used heated cloth and pressed very gently (no high level pressing was done)so that this pubo goes off . It successfully went off but my mother became lame just becase of this at the age of 21. She started feeling severe Pain while walking. Her nerves would crack whe she walk (then she used hot water bath specifically for legs thigh area which might help in reducing pain for several months). Resultingly she tried to support all her body weight on other leg. now this issue is with both legs. other leg which is supporting body weight for past 30 years has become short in length. Problem is that she feels nerve cracking while walking (This become too severe during winter ),she cann t sit cross legged on earth, when she lies down staright both her legs cann t become straight they remain bended on knees, she has not slept straight in past 30 years .it s always on sides and becuase of this there is lot of skin which has accumulated on one of her thighs outside area(as she mostly sleeps on one side only ), she cann t leave her body weight on legs while standing from sitting position, she uses her hands to support body weight while getting up. Entire problem lies in Thigh area with something goning wrong with nerves.She never had any injury or frature in her life.we spoke to many doctors but no body has been able to understand this case. would you please help us understand the problem.and is it because of pubo that she became lame,how did a small pubo resulted in lameness, can this be rectified at this age with some medication,or what is the solution to resolve this problem.Also Please suggest Specilisation of doctor whom we should consult. We are based in delhi. So if you suggest hospital name also.
Sat, 21 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Which ever is the cause now your mother developed generalized Artheritis of lower limbs resulting massive stiffness and restricted movement and deformities at the joints.
You go for blood check up for uric acid,S. cholesterol,blood sugar,R.A. test etc.
Now only treatment is analgesic medicine and PHYSIOTHERAPY.
It requires long course of physiotherapy for muscle stiffness and immobility
Consult Orthopedic surgeon for differential diagnosis.
Ok and bye..
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Yes please answer my question. I had a Scooter accident on May 10th 2014.. My Doctor had changed the medication 3 times . Doctor first gave me Clindamyon 300Mg. with Sulfmaeth 800/160 for 10days. The infection did not get better .then I went back to my sane Doctor he changes the antibiotic to Amox-Clav 875 mg for 10 days . Infection no better just becoming more painful and more swollen. Went back to my same DR, he changed the antibiotic to Doxycline for 10 days.. not better.... I took my roommate to his Doctor s referral to see a broken bone specialist. He saw my leg so swollen it appears as if it s two legs from 2 people. This Dr. Stated that I need a wound care Specialist I feel as if My Doctor has been playing games with my life. It has been 30 days and my leg is so infected that it making me sick. I finally received a call A from a Wound Care Management Doctor whom is traveling from Jacksonville. I was so sick and did mot sleep for 48 hours from the pain and suffering that I have endured. I missed the call.. She will be in Daytona today. I am scared this has turned into a staff infection. My Doctor did not drain nor did he seem to be trained in this area. I had to use anger to get him to listen to me. I gave his office a choice to take care of this now or I would change Doctors That is the reason he gave me a referral. The infection is located about 5 inches above my left knee cap. And all around the infection it is swollen with knots all around my upper leg. None of the medication has helped. I trusted this Doctor . I am not a name dropper so I won t mention any names. If I stand on my legs for more than 10 minutes my legs becomes so swollen all of the way to my ankle ,that I can hardly walk. Could this have turned into something that is so serious that I may need to be hospitalized and given interveinious antibiotics . I have Humana Insurance which pays 100% . I am hurt by the Doctor keep telling me that it leg was looking GOOD when in fact it is worse !!! I have someone in my home that is pregnant or I would of driven myself to Bert Fish Hospital which is 20 miles away ,but the best Hospital and the Doctors there will not allow a patient to leave until they check one thoroughly. My Doctor did not take blood sample or X-ray.. Underneath my right arm there is a knot and the pain from this knot travels up my arm around to my right shoulder and to my back. My Doctor finally gave me a referral for a CT . This apt, is not until next Monday. I feel as this is serious . Please give me your advise. It has taken me 45 minutes to compose this letter due to the fact that the pain on the right underarm and shoulder is so bad . I could scream .As well as my left foot and leg continues to swell any pressure on my left leg even just to sit causes it to become more swollen it is red and a hole about a 1/2 inch deep with yellow ,green and brown drainage After I see the Infection Management Doctor arrives in Daytona today and get her advise I believe I should consider change my Doctor. Thank you for the future advise and consideration you can give me.. Have A Blessed Morning. Jeannie Mitchem.

doctor1 MD

I recently had cellulitis in both lower legs. I have had this condition in the past, due to being diabetic, but this time it was especially bad and required 6 weeks of heavy duty antibiotics to clear it up. I was left with 2 small patches on my right leg which were slightly weepy but not really troublesome. The District Nurse put 2 small patches of Inadine on them with a covering dressing and told me to come back in a week. When I went back, the patches were actually slightly larger and more weepy. She then put a large folded piece of Inadine on my leg and bandaged it and told me to come back in a week. This was on a Wednesday and on the following Monday I had an appointment at my hospital diabetic clinic. Over the weekend the leg had been very painful with stabbing pains and a burning sensation. I told my diabetic doctor about it and he got a nurse to remove the dressing. The skin between the 2 patches of broken skin was like dead skin, white and puffy. The nurse said she had always been told to leave Inadine on no longer than 48 hours. She then redressed it with a similar sized wad of Inadine and told me to tell the D.N. what had happened with the pain. I saw her on Wednesday and she decided that she would leave off the Inadine and just put on a non-adhesive dressing and bandage. This was on 2nd July and I am still suffering from pains in my leg and the places are still weeping. I have been using honey on a sterile dressing to try and heal it, but the area between the sores is still tender and scarred. What would you suggest to help heal these 2 small open places? I have lost confidence in the ability of the D.N. to look after it. I feel that the Inadine has damaged the skin and I don t know how to cope with it. The pain is often excrutiating like a knife being pushed into my leg.

doctor1 MD

I have sores on my legs I just started smoking meth have snorted before never had problem not sure if that s what it is I had a dead tree it had bugs and I got bit bad on legs I even ended up in hospital a few times due to the fact they made me swell up itch and drove me crazy. I m 64 years old. My doctor told me it stress cause I ve had a super baddd year in 2015 I had a break down. Is there anything I can use to make them heal didn t know I had to pay

Recent questions on  Physiotherapy

doctor1 MD

hello Dr. I am 23yr old i have slip disc 2 and half month before i went to orthopedic doc annd advice me some medicine for 2week and after that he advice me for surgery but when i do some physiotherapy exercise along with NSAID medicine my pain goes atleast 50%.i want ask you that will it be cure through the medicine and physiotherapy or any thing else i should do because my pain is shooting down to my leg from hip,thigh and feet and previously the numbness also.but numbness is not there but little stiffness is there my muscle and when bend it fell like some nerve is stretching what should i do becuase i heard that surgery is not good because after 4-5 years the pain would occur. what should i do.if surgery then what type of sugery is required my slip disc occur between L5-S1

doctor1 MD

My brother is suffering from physical disorder. His left side was paralysed after severe heart attack, He can t walk properly. Recently he started physiotherapy but no significant improvement is observed. The heart attack happened six years back. Is there any solutions so that he may be normal. ?

doctor1 MD

Hi, & hello me showkat ahmad physio. I have a patient she had done back surgery now a days she is coming for physiotherapy . She had operated few mnts. Before , now she have stiches marks she needs any ointment which clear those marks , can u precribe any ointment plz. Thank you

doctor1 MD

hello sir,

this is Hina ,from Punjab...Actually my father had brain injury due to accident,i want to seek your suggestions regarding this case..hope it would be fine with you.....

My father met from an accident on 22nd aug,2007..he had brain injury..bone from right side of brain was taken it was fully was very serious as per doctors..according to doctors he

had no chances of survival...he was in icu for 5 months.brain was operated..the bone taken out was central portion of controls intelligence,memory etc as doctors said..he spoke by end of november..

memory was nt fine that time..but now it is fully fine..he remebers almost everything...during first year of accident he was not able to eat himself,but now it is fine..also had urine and stool problem..he

couldnt know ...physiotherapy is almost continuous from then...his right leg is affected,which doesnt hold body weight...he cannot stand on his own,cannot sit without back support..using two persons

support,we make him to sit on a chair having side and back support...for 1 year he had memory problem,irritation from family,short tempered..used to say many things to us ,if we do for pap's benefit..

but til two years stool and urine problem remained...but by some manual efforts(not exactly physiotherapy) he was able to sit without back support holding sides of bed..we used to make him walk,in which right feet was moved by us..means some activity was seen. he had some fit (not exactly fit,doctors said that brain injured patients have it because of weak nerves) in dec -ve impact was seen as such..because of no +ve results for another 1 year we consulted doctors.

doctors told that their is fluid in brain,for that shunt(dnt knw exactly:shunt,but some pipe to drain the fluid) was put in brain ,so another operation in may 2009..after that some positive results were seen

like,he came to know before passing stool..but not urine..irritation was reduced(one medicine was given by doctor)..but the activity shown in two years that i have mentioned was no more...but we found brain more irritation.. sometimes he used to say 'i will die nd al,u r not caring for me etc'..from then we have seen no much +ve results.physiotherapy is continuous..but he is still not on his own.cannot stand,sit without back support,walk etc..voice is also not much clear..

I think he prefers sleeping..he has become so efforts from his side.physiotherapy is not working...we say all day to try to get up,try to move ur right feet..but he thinks that we are doing wrong to him.

and doctors have said :in this case u can only wait..there is no other option,had checkup in pgi.said the solution to this case..such patients can be well all of a sudden,u never this really happens??

can we hope for this magic??sir,we couldnot understand what to do..3 years have passed..and we have no positive results...

now the status is like this:he can only eat himself,memory is fine..but sometimes he talk strange as'where are we sitting'(becoz he hasnt gone anywhere from three years,this question shouldnot arise,and in his own home he asks where are we?i want to go home etc..but he talks so intelligently,that listening to it u can not say that he has brain injury...

but he cannot sit without back support,cannot sit on bed cross leg..cannot stand on his own (2 persons to support) which he used to before 2nd operation atleast for 5 mins..can speak..but sometimes not properly..

physiotherapy is continuous...but no improvements as i said u before..sometimes when we ask 'why havnt u gone to office?'he says 'i will go tomorrow'..he shouldnot say this as he must know that he had accident..

i think his will has died..he never make efforts to get up..want to lay on the bed whole time...we say him everytime to get up,try to do something..but he never listens...there is no cooperation from his side during is done physiotherapist said'if u gather all world doctors then also he cannot improve,until and unless he has will to get up'....he asks for our help for even a small work which he can do himself...

sir,wat to do???is there any option??till now we have heard,just to wait in these this really??can nothing be done??how can we make him try,make efforts as his brain is not fine..everyone has tried to make him understand that he has to do proper exercise for standing,walking..but he prefers sleeping...

i really need help,need has been 3 years..and we want papa to get well soon..atleast to be on his own...what are the chances in such cases??sir,be frank to reply,eventhough it is negative ..but please do reply on this mail( YYYY@YYYY this is only till 20th july) and( hina.watts@ WWW.WWWW.WW also.i really want help..please reply whenever u get time


hina watts


doctor1 MD

I had a discectomy and I woke up in excruciating pain. A week later a laminectomy to stop the pain. Epidural injection,Morhine, Dilaudid , nothing helps. Something does not seem right. My Dr. has released me and says it will take a year to get...

doctor1 MD

My entire right arm keeps falling asleep whenever I sleep, regardless of my position. This has been happening for over a week. I have a history of both stroke and neuropathy. I am a 54 yr old woman.

doctor1 MD

Since yesterday, I have a sharp pain in my right leg at the knee, and above, and the right buttock. It s sharp, stabbing pain in the knee and buttock. Nothing seems to help it (e.g. Ibuprofen , changing position (standing, sitting, laying,...