Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Can an online help my father suffering from ischial bursitis with spur since 10yrs ?

sir,my father is suffering with ischial bursitis with spur since 10yrs for 24hrs as he was taken surgery 3yrs back from miot hospitals at chennai,he didnt get even small relief.already he also taken treatment from a reputed homeo doctor ,he also didnt get even small please suggest any
Asked On : Tue, 21 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
Dear sir:
Thanks again for your question. The problem you report is difficult to treat given that the area were the pain is located is always exposed to further pressure any time your father sits down.
If the pain is chronic in nature, you may want to consider a visit to an allopathic doctor (MD) with the goal of obtaining a prescription for gabapentin or pregabalin given that a this instance and given that the pain has been present for ten years, there may be some nerve inflammation associated it.
Other options include a trial injection with an steroid in the area, but this also requires the intervention of an experienced pain clinic provider.
In the mean time, relieving pressure from the site using a inflable donut may help some. I hope this helps.
Answered: Wed, 22 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor