Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Can an online doctor suggest me any medicine other than maftel or maftel p for small baby suffering from fever ?

Hi my baby is suffering from fever from last 8 days dr has priscribe MAFTEL / MAFTEL P or Ponstan syrup. but i am not getting this syrup any where. can you suggest me what do i do?? pl
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The syrup prescribed by your doctor is Ponstan/Meftal-P which contains Mefenamic acid as the main drug .It should be available easily in a medical store as it is not a rare medicine .Just in case you are not getting it please don't worry go to the doctor & tell him ;he will write a replacement medicine or change the medicine.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 7 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor