Can an online doctor help me for the pain in my knees as I've gone for many suggestions with no help

Hello, I am a 31 yr old female, in good health, on no medications. For years I have been physically active--running, use stairclimber, elliptical machine, kickboxing , etc. One year ago, I started having slight pain in my knee (inside cap). Saw an ortho who recommended ice, rest and wearing brace when resuming activities. Soon, I was having pain in other knee and both were worsening. Doc prescribed 3 month phys therapy and rest/ice. I completed therapy with little to no improvement that could be acheived with simple rest. With any activity, even walking, I have pain and have not been able to resume my former activities. I ve seen another MD who offered scope procedure, but was not optimistic it would help. I received cortisone shots in both knees that help momentarily. I am very frustrated and will be seeing yet another doc, but wonder if I might be dealing with something else. X-rays indicate that my joints are healthy, but will they stay that way and am I damaging the cartilage? Any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated.
Wed, 25 Jan 2012