Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Can an online doctor help me as I have been suffering with joint pain since 5 years and no medications were helpful in anyway ?

I have been dealing with bone and joint pain for over 5 yrs now and it seems to be getting worse daily. Bllod test were done with a positive ANA then the test was repaeted 2 weeks later with a negative ANA, neurontin was giving to me but it made me sick. What else is there for me to do, and what kind of doctor should i seek help from after my doctor telling me that there was nothing else that she could do for me.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response

You may take this Homeopathic remedy and it will help you Rhus tox 200, three times a day for a month.

Dr. Ritu Sandhu
Homeopathic Medical Consultant and Physician
Answered: Thu, 23 Jun 2011
Rheumatologist Dr. Raheesh Ravindran's  Response
Dear sir/madam I can gather from your details, that you have chronic joint pains,not relieved with regular medications. Your doctor planned on testing you for autoimmune disease by sending an ANA test which was initially positive and later turned out to be negative. I need to know a little bit more regarding the nature of your joint pains.

Kindly ask yourself the following questions:

1- Do you have pain in only the large joints(eg- knee ,ankle,hip,elbow,wrist) or is there any small joint involvement (eg-joints in the fingers of the hand and foot) as well?

2- Do any of these joints get swollen,warm,reddish?

3- Are the joint pains worse in the morning?

4- If yes ,how long does it take for the pain to reduce in intensity?

5- Does a bit of activity relieve your pain?

If you think your answers to the above questions is in majority yes, then you are having "Inflammatory joint disease" and you need to consult a physician or rather a Rheumatologist at the earliest. There are very good drugs available to relieve this condition.

I hope you find my answer useful.take care.
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor