Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Can an online doctor check the STI results and tell whether I am safe ?

Hello, I took the following days at day 21 of a low risk exposure (Unprotected Oral Sex\Protected Vaginal), and following are the results: GC NAAT NEG CT NAAT NEG RPR NEG HIV 1&2 NON REA HIV AB/AG NON REA HIV POOLED NAT NONE FOUND My Questions: 1. How assured should I be that I am HIV negative? What about other STIs? Is it possible that all or some of these results are not correct? 2. Can protected oral\vaginal *really* be considered safe sexual behaviour? (excluding condom breakage, tearing etc.) Thanks a lot, AAAAa
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hello,we cannot tell that u are safe because HIV becomes positive only after 3 months of ACTIVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE.Otherwise go for RNA PCR.YOU SHOULD ALSO GET VDRL,CUE EXAMINATIONS DONE TO RULE OUT SYPILIS AND GONORRHEA
Answered: Thu, 25 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor