Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Can an online doctor advice me on whom to approach and how to fund a scar revision surgery ?

Hi I had a diaphragmatic hernia when I was born almost 25 years ago. I have been always been very aware of the scar that has been left. I m wondering what I can do to make the scar less visible, is there any surgery that I can undergo? I have heard of scar revision surgery. But have not the slightest idea how I would go about this and as you can appreciate I do not want to see any plastic surgeon for this but someone who has much experience is this field. How would I look them up ? Would I get some help from the NHS in funding this operation? The scar is puckering and as I have grown up it seems to have left a rather obvious dip in my silohette, that prevents me from wearing clingy tops, bikini s etc it really knocks my confidence and has drastic effects on my love life. As a young lady I m growing more and more concious of it. It s quite obvious and causes me discomfort as I feel one side of my abdominal wall is tight and the other is slack and loose. Your help is much appreciated.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Sports Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Young Lady,
You have to consult Plastic surgeon. They can help you in your problem. But keep one thing in mind that even a little of the scar may remain after plastic surgery also.
But your lax abdominal wall can be recorrected.
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor