Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Can an online doctor advice me on the risks and benefits of reconstructive facial surgery as I have wide cheekbones and big jaw ?

Male, 16 years old, considering getting reconstructive facial surgery as I have extremely wide cheekbones and big jaw so I would like the protruding bones to be narrowed and cut down. Do you think this is a idea? How prominent are the risks? What would process actually involve? How long would it take? Is surgery likely to become an addiction for me?
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
i dont think u need any surgery
face is very comlex part and risk of surgery is very high
chance of getting worse result are high
u need to do multiple surgery
u will lost ur identity
better u go for non surgical procedure
there are botox ,filler ,implant etc are there to change ur face
consult dermatologist or plastic surgeon for this.
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor