Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Can an on-line doctor suggest a good gynaecologist ?

Hi... am looking for Gynecologist ... I am 26 yrs married women.. I have irregularity in my periods... and am trying to conceive... went to consult a doc... she said I have PCOD prob and asked me to undergo some tests... my TSH level is 4.47... She gave me some tablet to get my periods.. now I have got it Again went to consult her.. she has prescribed me diane 35 (21 tablets) As i saw in web this tablet is for Child Birth Control .. so am worried now.. will it stop me from getting concevied... pls help me out
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there.

Thanks for the query.

Since your TSH level was above 3, it means you had Hypothyroidism. For this you would have been prescribed Thyroxine tablets. Once TSH levels normalize, so will your menstrual periods.

Regarding PCOD, due to hormonal disorder, the cycles are delayed and irregular. For this Contraceptive pills are very beneficial as they will help in regularizing your hormones and cycles.

Kindly continue taking the Contraceptive tablets and Thyroxine tablets if prescribed to you. This is the right medication.

One thing I would like to convey is that Thyroid problem and PCOD will not recover unless you work hard and reduce your weight to normal weight range. You must eat food rich in proteins and fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink 1-2 litres of water daily. Avoid spicy, fatty, oily, fried, junk food, smoking and alcohol. Do daily brisk walking for 40 minutes a day. Get 6-8 hours of sleep daily.

Wishing good health.


Answered: Sat, 28 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic.
Treatment of infertility is a continued process .both the partners need complete evaluation and treatment as required till you get result
It will be best for you to attend infertility clinic and be on treatment .
Regarding the medicine prescribed for you is to make your period regular,regular cycles are prerequisite to increase the chance of pregnancy .P C O D is one thing to take care of for pregnancy to occur.Treating P C O D helps ovulation to occur for pregnancy to take place ,
Answered: Sat, 28 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor