Can an enlarged spleen cause discomfort on the right side of the abdomen?

I have discomfort on my right side abdomen area ... I was thinking it might be something going on with my liver however I ve just learned that I have an enlarged spleen 164mm ... if the spleen is on the left side can this cause the pain/discomfort on the right side?
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Yes it might be the cause of your symptoms but the most important thing is that which is that cause the enlargement of the spleen itself.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.