Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Can an abscess be a symptom of cancer ?

I had a lump in left armpit which i was told could be a cyst, six months on i have developed and abscess of which had to be drained. The surgeon told me that they could not see the cyst due to the infection he also asked me whether or not i had any breast lumps, of which i cannot answer as i have put on so much weight due medication i cannot tell what is a lump and what is not. Can an abscess be a symptom of cancer ? Other symptoms incude hand tremors, faintness, headache, tooth abscess, back pain, tiredness.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  879
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Abscess is a result of infection. This abscess alone is unlikely a result of a cancer. However the cause for the infection many and needs to be evaluated.. Presence of lumps in other areas of the breast may be a sign of multiple abscess or a tumour.. Hence treatment and evaluation is necessary..

Answered: Sun, 24 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor