Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

134 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Can an X-ray reveal what is wrong with me after a fall ?

I fell 3 weeks ago and am experiencing pain in my lower back diagnosed as my pelvis just below my spine I am also experiencing nausea and sometimes a headache I had an x ray today Will that show whats wrong I am 70 years old. I tripped and fell 3 weeks ago. have had severe pain in what I thoughr was my back. went to Dr, today who says it is not my back but my pelvis. Said the S1. Also nauseas. took and x-ray today. Will they be able to see what is wrong om the x-ray?
Wed, 18 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,X-ray will help to see whether you have sustained any fracture of bones or not.Your headache and nausea may be a separate affair,as injury to lower back or pelvis can not lead to vomiting.Bony fracture detected will need treatment depending upon the site of infection.At your age bones are very fragile and so even minor trauma can lead to fracture at times.Please wait for the result to come .Wishing you a speedy and fast recovery.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thank you for the information DR. I will see what the x-ray shows.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I went to Urgent care yesterday after a fall. They took X-rays and just called to tell me I have a displaced fracture of the distal 3 rd of the clavicle with overlapping fracture fragment. They said I would need to go to ER to have it set. What exactly does that mean. When I left yesterday the doc said it would heal on its own.

doctor1 MD

HEALTH MAGIC Dear Sir, Thanks for being there. I have query which is related to cardiology, pulmonary, radiological reports. Please advise me on my health and medical/health needs. I am reproducing extracts of reports over the last decade. I have earlier been advised stenting but have not taken such surgery. I am 60 years of age now; male with height now of 164 cms.(a decade back, it was 170 cms), weight is 66.5 kgs. I was working in a Gulf country in the years 1993 to 1996. During a period of extreme distress my BP had gone to 120/100. I had to take Atenolol 100 for about 6 months where after half the dose would suffice. After another 6 months, my BP was normal and could stop taking medicines. On 12/1/2002-in Tanzania-diagnosis; Rt. sided lower lobar pneumonia; ESR was 86 mm/1st hour; WBC -8.8. Pnuemonia is not known to happen in Tanzania. The x ray report was as follows : Findings -There is radiopacity in the right paracardiac region that suggest inflammatory lesion. No evidence of pleural lesion is noted. The mediastinum is normal seen. The soft tissue is unremarkable. The cardiac shadow is normal in size and shape. Conclusions : The findings correspond with right paracardiac pneumonia. 8/3/2003- in Mumbai- X ray chest PA: large bulla seen at the right upper zone. Left lung field normal; Hila are in normal position and density. Both cp angles are clear. No pleural pathology is seen. Hear and aorta are normal. Bony thorax and diaphragm are normal. From 2006, I have been working in different places in India. I have very bad cough in which no cough comes out but the coughing makes my mind blank for seconds and the sight in my eyes comes back to normal after about half a minute. On 21/5/2008, a x ray report showed/stated the impression as normal. Eosinophil was 10; WBC was 15.3; sugar was normal; BP – 170/100. On 19/2/2010, I was diagonized with acute Dyspnoea and was sent to a hospital for immediate hospitalisation. I had been unable to breathe and was taken in an ambulance with oxygen. I was admitted to ICU but within a few hours I was sitting up in bed and breathing well. My weight was 72 kgs. I was subjected to various tests such as ECG, ECHO, x ray, blood tests. The blood report was as follows : Hb-13.3; WBC-17200; Eosinophils- 1. While sitting in bed the next morning, I was having muscles cramps in the stomach. I left the hospital against medical advise with the intention of going of another hospital. After staying at home for a few days, I sought medical advise in another hospital and was advised to take admission for check ups. I was checked by specialists of pulmonology, cardiology, medicine. My TPR was normal. I was discharged after 3 days. During the 3 days the reports were as follows : Chest PA view – Infective changes noted in right lower zone. Paucity of vascular markings noted in right upper zone- likely to be bullous lesion. Coarse vascular marking noted in left lung field. Both costophrenic angles are clear. Cardio-thoracic ratio is within normal limits. The blood gas analysis showed following out of range : Barometric pressure(BP) -752.0 mmHg; PO2- 89.8; O2 saturation-96.9. Sugar, lipid profile was within normal range. The ECHO report was as follows : LV cavity is dilated. There is mild concentric left ventricular hypertrophy. There is global hypokinesia of LV. Moderate systolic dysfunction, LV EF=35%. Grade -1 LV diastolic dysfunction present. LA size is at its upper limit of normal. All cardiac valves are normal in morphology. Mild mitral regurgitation and mild Tricuspid regurgitation noted with colour flow. Mild Pulmonary hypertension present(PA pressure 38 mm of Hg). Intact IAS/IVS. There is no intrachamber clot/vegetation. No pericardial effusion present. The cardiologist and Pulmonologist prescribed me the following medicines: on waking up from sleep-Pan 40, Duova -2 puffs; after breakfast-Cardace 2.5, Carzec 3.125, Lacilactone 50- ½ tab; after lunch Ecospirin 75; evening Tonact , Ativan 1 mg. On 26/3/2010, I underwent Coronary Angiography in another hospital. The clinical summary was :- CAG revealed- Double vessel disease ( Mid LCx- 85%, distal LCx-90% & Proximal RCA-80% for which patient was advised PTCA & stenting to RCA & LCx proximal lesion with POBA / provisional stenting to distal LCx. I did not undergo any surgery but continued with the medicines. On 21/12/2013, I went for check ups. The reports were as follows : Chest PA view – Coarse vascular markings noted in both lower zones. Unfolding of aorta noted. Costophrenic angles are clear. Cardio-thoracic ratio is within limits. Both the domes of diaphragm are smooth and regular. The LFT report was follows : Mild restriction. Moderate reversible obstruction. The ECHO report was as follows : Impression – Concentric LVH ; LV Diastolic dysfunction(+); Trivial MR noted. The details are as follows – Lt. Ventricular concentric hypertrophy. No RWMA. Good LV systolic function, LV EF= 64%. Doppler evidence of LV diastolic dysfunction. Trivial mitral regurgitation is noted with colour flow. Other cardiac valves are morphologically normal and their motion also normal. Other cardiac chambers(LA/RA/RV)appear normal in size, thickness, motion. No evidence of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Intact IAS/IVS. There is no intrachamber clot/mass/ vegetation. No pericardial effusion seen. The medicines prescribed to me by the cardiologist and a Pulmonologist are: Duova and Asthalin for SOS; Carzec 3.125, Rantac 150, Ecospirin Gold, Creser 40 , Ativan 2 mg. I had complained of rectal bleeding at times for which presumably Rantac was prescribed and Ecospirin Gold was changed to. For the bleeding, a specialist in Medicine prescribed me Zentel 400, Daflon, Duphalac. The bleeding had discontinued and I am presently taking medicines prescribed by the Cardiologist and Pulmonologist. I have not taken Asthalin till now nor Foracort prescribed for SOS in the year 2010. I do not wish to go for surgery and I have a feeling that I have done quite well with a balanced diet, reducing fluids, eating ‘roti’/wheat instead of rice, green vegetables, salad,and vegetarian diet. Please advise my health condition and whether I am on the right course. Do I need to have any further restrictions, changes in my lifestyle? Please also advise whether my illness may be due to environmental pollution, wastes in the atmosphere. Thanks & regards Smarajit Mitra

doctor1 MD

I fell off my horse and landed on my back...more right shoulder area...been having lots of pain going from right back shoulder and around right breast into hurts to breathe and cough and blow my nose or bend over as the pain in the chest hurts. I had x_rays done on Monday night and it showed no broken bones...but the pain has not subsided. what else could be wrong

Recent questions on Bone fracture

doctor1 MD

please suggest diagnose

age: 31yr, height:5ft, weight: 58, There was a discharge from right ear;now doctor given antibiotics,discharge now stopped said this is cholesteatoma, but digital xray done on some others doctors advice: report is

x-ray mastoids-law,s view report:

There is e/o partial sclerosis of both mastoid air cells(L>R)

Sinus and dural plates are normal

No evidence of fracture of any bone seen

doctor1 MD

there is a hairline fracture in the parietal bone of my 9 months old baby as he has fallen from the swing one month back. but now due to minor injury again on the same place, there persist a swelling on the skull. what treatment and precautions should we take?

doctor1 MD

history: 6 weeks ago, concussion & temporal skull fracture. medication: lisinopril hct (high blood pressure) Recently, in the last 1-2 weeks, I ve been experiencing mild cramps in my legs, arms, and chest that don t follow strenuous activity. They seem to appear out of nowhere. In the last few days, I ve started having intense, shooting pains, in the muscles near the lateral end of both clavicles. Any ideas as to what could be going on? Cause for concern, or should I just wait this out?

doctor1 MD

My cousin (22 yr old) met with an accident in which her Shin bone and Collar bone got fractured. Is it better to just plaster and let them heal, or use rods and plates to fix them? Would it be better to fix the leg fracture using rod, and let the...

doctor1 MD

I hit my head pretty bad and heard a sort of shattering sound like glass breaking. Problem is nothing got broken around me. I have a huge knot on the right side base of my skull. Is the sound I heard normal? Was it maybe a normal side affect?

doctor1 MD

My Wife recently undergone CT(Face) 3D scan for nasal bone fracture . She had and C-Section Delivery 22 day before. I have heard lots of side effects of CT scan and I am really worried. This is the 1st CT scan done.Please tell me the adverse...