Can an MRI report detect blood clots and muscle damage?

My friend has Parkinson s. She just drove three states to help her Mother-in-law for a month before she died, stayed for her funeral and another family member s funeral, then drove all the way back. She is now in the hospital with terrible back pain, groin pain, her left leg is swollen above the knee up to her groin. She had her colon rupture on her two years ago right before her husband died. They did an MRI on her Sunday, but don t have any results yet. Can an MRI tell about blood clots, muscle damage or herniated disc? I am concerned about her. She is in great pain.
Tue, 10 Sep 2019
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response

Pain in back and groin, swelling of left leg above knee can be due to disc protrusion or disc prolapse. I suggest you to consult your orthopedician for clinical assessment and thus management.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shailja Puri, Pathologist and Microbiologist