Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Can alcohol cause damage to my liver if I have an ALT of 206 and an AST of 126 on my LFT ?

I have mono and am taking clindamycin for an infection in my tonsils. My LFT included an ALT of 206 and an AST of 126. Is it okay if I drink alcohol.
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  305
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dear friend
No blood investigation suggests okay to drink alcohol. the levels of ALT AND AST u have mentioned is normal. try to stop taking alcohol or natleast try to reduce the amount.
Dr. M R Puhan
Mob: 9437873112
Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor