Can alcohol be consumed occasionally while suffering from vitamin B12 deficiency?

I do have a B12 deficiency and I am 65 years old. I take B12 Shots weekly,but still have some tingling in my left foot.I like to have a glass of wine when I get home from work. I recently have read that alcohol can affect the body related to B12. Should I not hav a regular glass but only have an occasional glass? Thank you for your help. Diana
Thu, 23 Aug 2018

Alcohol itself aggravate vitamin b 12 deficiency. More than moderate levels of alcohol consumption can significantly reduce B-12 absorption and may deplete bodily stores. Chronic alcoholism can also negatively impact dietary choices, which is another factor for B-12 deficiency. So better to avoid it.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.