Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Can a woman with inverted ovaries still get pregnant through IVF?

Can a woman with inverted ovaries still get pregnant through IVF?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1409
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic
can you clarify what you mean by inverted ovary? Do you mean ovarian torsion? Have you undergone any surgery for ovarian torsion?? ovarian torsion is a serious problem - it is rare to see true ovarian torsion, not that common. True ovarian torsion is when all blood flow to the ovary is obstructed by twisting (strangulation) and dies if left untreated. In a non-pregnant woman it is serious as loss of an ovary will affect future fertility in some capacity.
If some of the normal ovarian tissue capable of producing follicles are left then there is chance of getting pregnant through IVF else donor eggs to be used. Take care.
Answered: Sun, 17 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor