Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Can a unborn child get diabetes from diabetic father ?

The fasting blood sugar was 123 and post lunch it was 183 for my friend. There was no detection of diabetes earlier so did not recheck it. After 3 months of this, now his wife is pregnant . Would this impact the child?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Sep 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Children born of diabetic parent have more chances of developing diabetes in future.But if proper care of weight and dietary habits are taken diabetes can be avoided.Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 28 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
As a hereditary tendency his child may get diabetes in the future.
it is not necessary that during conception father had diabetes so a child will be diabetic.
His child may not be diabetic in future too.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 28 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor