Can a statin drug be taken while on thyroid medication?

If you dont have any issues with cholesterol and your numbers are good, but your doctor prescribed a statin because its supposed to help block the heart arteries or valves, Im not sure. I have to take thyroid med underactive. I watch my sats fat and went organic and no pork or red meat. Should i be taking a statin?
Sat, 28 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Sometimes statins are given for prophylaxis. They have no effect on your thyroid tablet as such. You can continue on that.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.