Can a soup made with plastic spoon which bent while cooking be contaminated with chemicals?

Hello, how are you, I was making soup in a pot for my kids at our new house, none of my kitchen tools are available only the pot, I was using a plastic spoon to stir the pot and the spoon sort of got crooked, I'm worried that some chemicals from the spoon dissolved in the soup, the spoon is still intact, just a little bent. Is it safe to serve the soup to my children? Thank you for your time.
Sat, 22 Feb 2014
HI, Fine , thanks .
IT is not at all safe to use this soup for children. Plastics are known to release toxic chemicals on heating. In fact no plastics should be used in kitchen even to drink water or to store foods.