Can a soft tissue mass with hyperdensity be a lipoma?

I have been seeing an Orthopedic Practice for right leg burning, swelling near the knee determined to be a lipoma (fibrous tissue) When the knee had an ultrasound, it showed a soft tissue mass with hyperdensity attachment to the tibia. Then a follow up MRI revealed a negative enhanced tissue totally discounting the ultrasound results. I have been diagnosed with HHT going back to 1985 that only affected my gastrointestinal tract. Now this problem started last summer and my symptoms keep getting worse. I am scheduled to see a neuorologist with a possible EMG study to be done.
Wed, 25 Sep 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

Your symptoms (burning sensation) could be related to a pinched nerve. For this reason, nerve conduction studies are necessary. Regarding the soft mass, I would recommend biopsy in order to help determine its nature.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist