Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Can a sexologist help in a sexual problem related to erection ?

I need to consult a sexologist to discuss Psychological factors which are leading to ed for me. Since allmost 8 years i have been masturbating to BDSM based pornographic content. The result being that i can no longer get an erection without brutality and torture based pornographic content. This is totally contradictory to my nature, since i am a very loving and caring person. I have tried cutting down on the offensive porn and reduced my masturbation frequency to 1ce a month. However, nothing has helped. I have tried having sex with both a girlfriend as well as a sex worker. However, i am completely unable to get an erection. My partner as well as the sex workers have been very understanding and patient , however we believe it would be best for me to discuss this with a Psychatrist/sexologist. Could you please recommend a psychatrist in the Delhi NCR, India area i can disuss this in details with ?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  455
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Masturbation is a healthy habit unless it hampers your daily activities and causes anxiety and distress. Since you have been masturbating to BDSM content, there could be stress factor which has contributed to the loss of erection. Stress, performance anxiety, lack of exercise are main factors for erectile dysfunction. You should get 6-8 hours of sleep. Do Yoga everyday to relieve stress. Eat healthy. It would be best to consult Psychiatrist and Urologist for your issue. Leading specialists are there in AIIMS Hospital as best medical brains and talent in India are from AIIMS. Do visit and get a thorough checkup and proper advice. Try to engage more in foreplay with your partner to get better response of erection. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol as well. I hope I have answered your query.


Answered: Wed, 14 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor