Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Can a person with high blood pressure and arthritis have a valve replacement ?

75 years old with high blood pressure and arthitis and very weak health wise, need a valve replacement? will he able to survive the operation and recover ?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic foramen
heart surgery at the age of 75 is at high risk but it can be done if the condition of the valve is life threatening to him .othervise it is better to avoid heart surgery
Answered: Sat, 18 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Mitesh R. Trivedi's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare forum.
If doctors have already advised him for valve replacement surgery then they will take him for operation only after they found the patient fit for surgery.
For fitness the patient will require some blood investigations, chest x ray, echo cardiography and most probably angiography also as he is very old aged and having high blood pressure.
Best wishes for the surgery.
Answered: Fri, 17 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor