Can a person give blood after having a tatoo done ?

Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
I dont think you can Donate blood within 6 months of having a piercing or tattoo done.

is it safe for a person with high blood pressure to get a tatoo?

Hello I got a tattoo 5 days ago and I fear it might be infected...day 1 I had an outline and I wanted to get it filled in my artist was very clean and sanitary after it was done I applied A&D to my new tat and I ran out and switched to petrolium jelly that night day 2 I woke up and check my tatt it appeared white and had yellow liquid oozibg from the tattoo my leg appeared swollen when I got up I felt fine until I stood on my leg then a sharp pain shot up my leg almost like a sprained ankle when I began to walk the pain went almost completly away I cleaned it and put more petrolium on and the leaking worsened day 3 I tried to apply less as possible it still leaked and hurt day 4 I left it dry untill I got more A&D that night I put it on and it felt tinggaly I went to sleep and woke up this morning day 5 I didnt check it till I left the house the swelling went down a bit and the pain went away a lil so I thought it was getting better so my worries went down untill I felt something run down my leg and it was more liquid what should I do before going to the doctor I dont wanna go unless I know for sure the other tatt he did is fine plz     help my email is YYYY@YYYY

I got a tattoo last week Saturday. Right after I got it I was using A & D ointment. A few days later I got a nockoff brand of scentless colorless lotion, and I started using it. That is when I got big bumps in the area of my tattoo. They itch pretty bad, and they hurt when pressure is applied. I am now using cortisone 10 for the itchyness, and I am using benadril because I believe it is a reaction from the lotion. I talked to a nurse that I know, and she told me that it looks like shingles. I m not sure what it is or what to do because I contacted my tattoo artist already.