Can a new birthcontrol pill be the cause of color changed period and heavy flow ?

I just started a new birthcontrol this month and it came time for my period. I got it on time but it is kind of an orange dark pink color. The orange is not real bright but it is definitely not the usual color. Everything else is ok except for unusually heavy flow when I go to bathroom. Please help? Is it ok or is something wrong?
Wed, 11 Jan 2012
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist 's  Response
Hello Sarah..

Birth control pills do have some effects on the bleeding. Orange colour is not a worry. There can be variance of the type of tissue formed inside. But if the bleeding is heavy and it is causing you weakness then you must see a Gynaecologist to change the type of birth control.

Dr.Sneha.N
Sama Wellness Clinic

Disclaimer