Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Can a man with Erectile Dysfunction have babies?

Hello Dr, Could you please clarify me whether a man with Erectile Dysfunction have baby. I am married for two and half year now, and I was pregnant with in one and half month of my marriage life. But only after a while I discovered (from internet) that my husband is afftected with ED. We always have a unsatisfied sex life form the beginning. He is not even intersted in the foreplay. Now its nearly six months that we had such. And he never agrees that there is any problem in him. I am little confused. To mention I love my husband and lot. Doctor please help me.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  1092
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
Hi gretings from health care magic
ED is not necessarily the cause. A lady can conceive when she has normal ovulation and cycle with no abnormalities in uterus, fallopian tube and ovary. Similarly a man is absolutely fit if he has normal sperm morphology, motillity and quantity. Ed can be defined as poor erectile function. the errection is controled by the penile muscles. if there is well blood flow then the penile muscles can engorge. NO also play some role. But ED not necessarily the cause of non conceiveness.Yes he is psychologically not desire for sexual act. it can be treated. in homeopathy there are good treatment for ED with no psychological desire. thank you
Answered: Thu, 10 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Erectile dysfunction may inhibit fertility. Erectile dysfunction occurs when a man is unable to maintain an erection during sexual activities. So due to low penetration and unable to deposit sperm there is low chance of pregnancy, so treatment should be done for strenthening the penile muscles so you had enough erection
Using herbal ayurvedic preparation is very sucessful for strenthening the penile muscle and solving erectile dysfuction
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
yes, you can get pregnant if he manages to ejaculate inside the vagina during your ovulation period. it is not necessary that a woman should get orgasm to get pregnant. if your period is regular, the ovulation may take between 10th and 15th day counting from the first day of your period. if you have sex during this period, you can very well get pregnant. now regarding his ed, is he diabetic? if not let him take navras pak a herbal supplement made as per the process and procedure laid down by 5000 years old yoga ratnakara. if you need more details about this product, please send a mail to
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing healthcaremagic.Yes it is quite possible.Erectile dysfunction means there is problem in sustaining erection or properly getting it.One penetrative act at times is sufficient for any fertile lady to get pregnant.So what has happened is fine.For other complains take help of counselor and sexologist.You should talk to your partner and help him if he has any problem to share.
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor