Can a cholesteatoma still grow with a tube in it?

My 17 year old daughter has a small choleastoma with a small amount of bone erosion and is borderline for needing surgery. She has a tube in and is being followed every three months. Is there any way it could still grow with the tube in? Is this the best coarse of action for her?
Fri, 25 Jul 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi there, cholesteatoma won't grow inside the tube, the tube will relieve the negative pressure from middle ear. Since she is already diagnosed with cholesteatoma and is associated with bone erosion, I will suggest her to undergo surgery as soon as possible to prevent further progression of disease, take care.