Can a bad cough cause a sore throat, headache and redness in the eye?

I am a 32 yr female with no medical problems. No allergy’s. My second day straight of Non stop coughing with. Faint grey and faint green phlegm, I smoke 1pack of cig every 3-4 days. Non stop running nose , yellow or clear. Light pressure on upper chest where After cough fits. Below my throat slightly above my breasts. I have a slight throbbing headache but never usually get them. Very light and brief fever with sweats at night. I had a brief sore throat in morning and I thought I had pink eye because I woke up with slimy watery eye crusted shut. Both symptoms are so far totally gone and no tears or redness in my eye. Buckley’s syrup has helped a lot and no fever. I never got the flu shot and never get sick. A cold for me is temporary coughing but never like this! No nausea no unusual bowel movements and I’m on no medications. I really don’t feel like going to a doc right now and I’m hoping that it will go away but I never feel this way. Is it going to get worse? Is the very mild lingering chest pressure deep behind my lungs kinda, going to go away? Help me I’m scared of the pneumonia my grandma used to talk about or bronchitis or pink eye. Or turbulociss
Mon, 30 Jul 2018
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You are not going to like the treatment option, I am going to suggest-stop smoking. The symptoms you have listed are due to the inflammation caused due to the constant irritant-“cigarette smoke”. You will not regret later if you stop now. Do breathing exercise daily for 5 minutes or-alternate nasal breathing. Adopt a healthy lifestyle and do ensure that other environmental factors such as dust or smoke from affecting you.