Can Xyzal or vitamin B12 supplement cause dizziness and muscle ache?

My 27 yo son is experiencing severe dizziness, nausea and muscle aches. He has recently started taking Vitamin B12 due to low levels per lab results (327) and also started taking xyzal for allergies. Can either of these be the cause?? He woke up during the night extremely sore and dizzy and the dizziness is worsening throughout the day.
Fri, 8 Jun 2018
hi and welcome to 'ask a doctor ' service . i have read your question and here is my advice .
yes Xyzal can cause this , sedation is very common with this drug, dizziness is a well recognized side effect of the drug though it is not a common one , so that idea would be first we should rule out other possible cause for his symptoms , like viral infection can cause the same, his primary disease like low vitamins level can cause the same , we should also think why his B12 level is low ( which is not common ) .
so yes the drug can cause it but you must see a doc to rule out other possible causes , if no one found then the drug can be stopped or changed atleast.

hopes this clears your mind , i would be happy to answer if your have any thing else to ask in this regards.