Can Vitamin D cause excessive depression?

I have been struggling with complex grief and depression for a few months. I was found to be extremely low in Vitamin D2 and was prescribed 1.25 MG (50,000 Unit). My depression & grief has become more intense since starting this prescription 3 weeks ago. Could the vitamin D be contributing to the increase in depression?
Wed, 21 Feb 2018
hi sir /madam
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.

according to your complaints, you may be suffering from depression.

in my opinion, VITAMIN D got nothing to do with depression.but, due to the disease process itself, your feeling those symptoms.

so, I strongly recommend you to consult a psychiatist immediately. mostly treatment lasts for 6-8 months consisting of antidepressant like SSRIs and cognitive behavioural therapy.