Can Stamlo increase fatigue?

Hi, My mother aged 77 yrs was taking 2.5 mg stamlo daily for several years. Last month she noticed a slightly high BP and started taking 5mg daily. She has since been have extremely sleepiness throughout day and also weakness in walking. Could this be because of her increase in dose. Her BP is normal now 145/75. Should she revert back to 2.5 mg daily.
Thu, 6 Oct 2016
Hi & Welcome to HCM.
Stamlo (Amlodipine) is a calcium channel blocker used effectively in the treatment of hypertension.
It is unlikely to be the cause of fatigue experienced by your mother.
The extreme sleepiness and weakness while walking could be due to some other cause which needs to be evaluated by a physician.
Hope this helps.