Can Reglan be taken for migraines when allergic to NSAID drugs?

my friend was in the er for possible concussion Saturday evening, she is allergic to NSAIDs. The physician said the CT scan showed no concussion. He said her headache was a migraine (which she has from time to time) not the result of the head injury. He gave her Reglan with dyphenhidromine. She is on medication for bipolar. She worked in a pharmacy for sometime and thought the Reglan didn t sound right for migraine. It is a dopamine inhibitor - is it appropriate for migraines for someone allergic to NSAIDs?
Fri, 3 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Regan is composed of 'metoclopramide', which is a medication used mostly for stomach and esophageal problems. It is commonly used to treat and prevent nausea and vomiting, to help with emptying of the stomach in people with delayed stomach emptying, gastroenteritis and to help with gastroesophageal reflux disease. It is also used to treat migraine headaches. Metoclopramide may be used in combination with paracetamol (acetaminophen) to treat migraine. Hence, kindly take the medication as prescribed by your doctor and do the follow-up as advised.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.