Can Peritol be taken to gain weight?

Yes good night I am a male teen and I m very skinny and I was wondering if I can take peritol I searched the net but it says it s for butt thighs and hips but I don t want all that I just want size can I still take it and can u explain how it works plz
Thu, 9 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Yes,peritol can be used to gain weight due to the ability of increasing appetite.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas's  Response

Cyproheptadine (Peritol) by some unknown mechanism can stimulate appetite and hence cause weight gain. Monitor weight weekly.