Can Metoprolol be taken instead of Atenolol to avoid HDL level increase?

I am a type 2 diabetic and hypertensive well controlled on Atenolol 50 mg once a day. I am also taking Enalapril 10 mg twice a day regularly. Recently done tests showed a Glycosylated Hb of 7.1. My HDL is a bit low at 0.95, but LDL is normal. My BMI is 25.5. I want to start metoprolol 100mg daily and stop atenolol altogether. Would you recommend that I should change to Metoprolol as Atenolol has been found to cause an increase in HDL levels. Please advise. Thanks Tan
Tue, 13 Aug 2019