Can Marijuana be used after an aortic mechanical valve replacement?

My son had a aortic mechanical valve replacement and wants to know if he can smoke vaporizer or use Marijuana edibles? Which is safer if at all ? His surgery was Just on 5/11/18... I have read several different answers and just want to get a definitive answer. thank you CK
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

NO. The answer is no and it’s beyond any doubts. All these are psychotropic substances which can provoke malignant and life threatening arrhythmia and should strictly be avoided in any case.

These substances also alters the affect of cardiac medications and should not be used.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.