Can Lo Loestrin Fe and Melatonin be taken together?

Hi two questions : i am on Lo Loestrin FE (over 3 years) and was wondering if taking a small dose of melatonin is safe? Second; i was taking a vitamin called Evening primrose oil and noticed i started spotting, is this vitamin safe to take with birth control? (Ive since stopped taking the vitamin)
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
Melatonin and loestril
If you take loestril and melatonin, you should discuss your sleep-aid options with your doctor. The combination of birth control and melatonin may alter the effectiveness of birth control pills.
Birth control pills increase the natural melatonin in your body. When they’re used in combination with melatonin, your levels of melatonin may become too high.
melatonin can also interact with other medications, including blood thinners, immunosuppressants, and diabetes medications

I hope you happy with information thank you .