Can Ibuprofen be taken for recurrent pain in the hips when scheduled for a hip replacement?

I am scheduled for hip replacement in April 2018. I had a cortisone shot in November but the pain has returned. I have a left over 800 mg ibuprophen from my daughters gall bladder surgery and am thinking of taking it. My doctor is not in today so what do you think?
Fri, 28 Sep 2018
Anesthesiologist 's  Response

If there is more pain yes you can definitely take Ibuprofen. You can try other painkillers like Diclofenac, Tramadol, Pethidine, etcetera. Since you might have an obvious reason for hip replacement and it's not good to tolerate more pain before surgery.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Archana