Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Can I undergo a laser treatment for clear vision when I turn 18 years ? I am 17 years now

my age is 17 and my weight is 44kg and my height is 5ft 4inches i cant see clear without wearing glassses can i do laser operation after 18 years to cure this
Asked On : Mon, 9 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
how much is your power.?you can go for lasik surgery if your power is stable for 1 year,your corneal thickness and corneal scan is normal ,after age of 18-19 you can go for surgery.TAKE ADVICE OF GOOD REFRACTIVE CORNEAL SURGEON.
Answered: Thu, 8 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcare Magic

Laser surgery is suggested for persons having eye high power.. ,(more than -6)
Its better to get operated after complete growth is achieved i.e after 21 yrs... consult an ophthalmologist ..
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor