Can I take weight loss supplements and blood pressure medication while suffering from a kidney disease?

Hello I was just diagnosed with Kidney disease by my internal Dr. I am going to a renal specialist for further diagnosis. I am taking blood pressure medicine can I take a natural weight loss supplement, with the blood pressure medicine? and Multi vitamin? with a Kidney disease diagnosis is there any pills that I should stay away from?
Mon, 29 Oct 2018
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

I would never recommend natural weight loss supplement, because there is not data that shows we can benefit from them, otherwise they may harm us.

Not all kind of vitamins are recommended for chronic kidney disease, but vitamin B complex and folic acid are most commonly prescribed.

You should be aware of NSAID drugs (such as ibuprofen, Diclofenac, etc), potassium supplements or Digoxin, antibiotics that are eliminated via kidneys and so on.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Elton Halili,