Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

183 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Can I take nebistar sa drug for blood pressure ?

i am 59 yrs of age height 178 cms and weight of 108 kgs with no medical problem , is nebistar sa a good drug of choice for bp
Thu, 19 May 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

welcome to health car magic
well take regular medications and record your b.p readings regularly and take balanced diet
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello sir;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Nebivolol is the content of Nebistar and being a beta blocker is the drug of choice in essential hypertension so if your doctor has advised you to take it for hypertension if you have it then it is fine .You can take it regularly as advised.Only worrying part is your weight which you need to control with strict diet and walking & exercise.
Take care
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor I am 57 years old , I developed high b p a year back , I have been put on Nebistar sa since then but one moth back my b p got very low again and again so doctor gave me plain nebistar , now again my b p coming more , 142/88 , my doctor not taking me seriously, should I start nebistar sa again

doctor1 MD

I am taking ramopril I am 82 and go to the gym every day. It is not reducing my blood pressure and not making me feel very well. My doctor has perscribed Cardicor but I have read it will slow my heart down( I haven t got a fast heart beat, just high blood pressure) and to be extra cautious with elderly people. not happy about taking this drug, haven t started it yet and would like an alternative

doctor1 MD

I am 45 year male, suffring from high blod presure from last eight years. earliear i am taking Losakind H tab twice a day but my lower reading of blood presure is always above 110 and last month my doctor change th medicin and give me Nebistar SA one daily. but after taking this medicin my sex life is finish, I am always an agresive partner in sex but after taking this medicin I even donot able to do sex, please advise what to do?

Recent questions on  Body mass index

doctor1 MD

my bmi is 30

my doctor said that he can do for me a sleeve gastrectomy

i want to loose 20 kg

my weight now is 85.5kg and my Height is 1.70m

my ideal body weight is ~65

if i do it (with another doctor), what could be happen?

what are the desavantage?

doctor1 MD

I think i have a serious problem with food, from barely eating at all and fasting last week, where I felt so weak and in pain to the comlete opposite where I am suddenly eating constantly (I just put on more than a stone in a week) I can't stop eating I don't feel anything like fullness I literally can't stop myself , I'm scared I'm killing myself but I can't end it. In the BMI calculator thing according to my height and weight combined I am 'overweight', and it will only get worse. I have no idea what to do

doctor1 MD

hi i m facing sleep disturbance since last 8 years i feel too much pressure over and behing my ears may be it lr=eads to stree and breaks my sleep after i sleep

doctor1 MD

Hey doctor, I am a 20 year old male and for the last year now I have been having stomach pains and digestion problems. The main symptoms I have been having are: - Stomach pain right in the center and abdominal pains on the lower left side where...

doctor1 MD

Hello I hope someone can shed some light I am 45 and for the last month or so I have had stomach issues on and off with dyspepsia so I am told one of the symptoms is burping full feeling in the throat also every once in awhile I have like air is...

doctor1 MD

I have recently been tested and have low T, Several years ago I was told I had sleep apnia, I have gained a lot of weight and when i do BMI test it shows that I am obese, I have also been loseing hair. I am 67 years old. Do you think I have a thyroid problem

doctor1 MD

does taking honey with milk reduses weight for a 20 month baby or it increase weight? hello i m glamency. my child is 20 month old. he is underweight and suffering from illness frequently. can he take honey with milk to increase his weight or is there any other measure to increase his weight.