Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Can I take any medicines for dandruff and hairfall ?

Q. During six months i m suffering for hair fall problem including danduruff so how to stop this? can i take any medicine for hair fall? and sir my age 24 now my Q, is how to prevent dandruff as a skin problem?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
You can prevent dandruf by using ketoconazole with zpto contain shampoo.
To prevent hair fall use proper hair oil,do gentle massage on scalp.Don't keep your hair dry for long time.
Take good healthy diet rich in protein.take more fruits and enough liquids,
Consult dermatologist for better medical management.
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response

Welcome to healthcareMagic forum,

Dandruff is not a disease .Its is nothing but a combination of oil ( secreted by oil glands present with the hair follicle ) and the skin which gets peeled off.So its a normal phenomenon .But if it becomes in excess then you require treatment.Please avoid use of oil on scalp.The concept of use of oil on scalp is out dated and old.Oil does not nourish your hair .It JUST GIVES SHINE .So a better product to use is a hair serum .Use of oil on scalp would make your dandruff stick to scalp.Oils does not help to reduce your hair fall either.There are other good medicines which can help reduce your hair fall but that depends upon the cause of hair fall.
You can use ketoconazole shampoo twice a week to control excess dandruff.One can even use topical steroid to control dandruff.In sever cases we also give oral retinoids (but this is given strictly under dermatologists guidance).
I hope this answers your query,if you have any further questions,kindly write back to us.
Dr.Bharat chawda

Answered: Sun, 24 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor