Can I take antibiotics prescribed for UTI for more than a month?

I had a visit with Urinary DR and tested my urine they called advised me my PSA which was in ok ranged but sd I have a urinary tract infection I was givine AMOXICILLN 250MG 2 three time a day for 2days then 1 cqpsule 3 times a day my question is I got 45 days of medicine do I take it until it is gone
Fri, 19 Jul 2019

In my daily practice, I give the antibiotic to treat the urinary tract infections for 7 to 14 days depending on the severity of the infection.

So, after fourteen days of treatment, I suggest consulting again your doctor for further evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician