Can I take antibiotics for viral infection with abnormal pulse rate and BP?

blood pressure is 114/64 with pulse rate of 80. feelling real bad. Nomally have high blood pressure but have had high blood pressure 180/90+ last week. Went to walkin clinic Sat. they said viral infection. Got antibiotics. With this bp and pulse rate do I need to be concerned?
Fri, 7 Oct 2016

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Asad Riaz, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.
HIgh bp is major risk factor for mmajor dseases ike IHD,stroke,..HTN can be due to many reassn but mosst of time it is due to idipathic tht there is no cause n called essential hypertemsion..some causes can be renal,metabolic,endocrine etc..some time pt have only 1 read of high BP bcs of some stress..if u were my pateint i would advce to take bp monirtng twice daily for atlet 4-5 days n then bring to me so i can see whtehr i need to take action or not..in high bp 1st need to do life style odification include taek low fatty diest n low salt diest with dec weugt n inc exercise n monitor bp for upto 6 month n still inc bp then nedd to to be put on med n then need monitor bp stil to adjust dose...viral infection may lead t high bp but as i said 1 reading need no to be treated unless it is dangerous >180/110 with sign of organ damage like headache bluring vison,chest pain etc...viral infections is not treated with ABX,need antiviral if really needed most of time it is self limiting n resovle it self...all u need to take good rest n symtomatic med liek for pain take analgesi etc...
I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask.

Regards.

Dr.Asad Riaz.
General and Family Physician.