Can I take amlong instead of stamlo for blood pressure?

I was taking amlong 10 mg along with other drugs for high blood pressure.My pressure was 80/120 then.my doctor for no reason deleated amlong and put me on stamlo 10, now my pressure reads as 100/170 and my feet get swelled up by evening.my doctor is away on holiday. is it alright for me to get back to amlong 10 instead of stamlo 10.please reply as i am due to go on a trip tomorrow. thanks Shyamali.
Thu, 12 May 2016
Hello, Thanks for using Healthcaremagic. i can understand your problem,but amlong and stamlo both contain the same drug AMLODEPINE just different manufacturers. the problem of swelling of legs by evening is due to hydrostatic edema wich is a common side effect of amlodepine. the edema increases by evening and decreases with rest or elevation of limb.
kindly change AMLODEPINE to CILNIDEPINE 10 mg which does not have this side effect.
other cause of edema like failing heart needs to be excluded before attributing the cause of edema to amlodepine. so you need to consult your doctor for clinical examination and if necessary 2Decho.
hope this helps...