Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Can I take Aten for BP instead of Telma for a short period of time?

i am taking telma40 since 2 yrs now for my BP but now im in usa n extended my trip to 2 weeks more.Not carrying enought telma 40 tab to last my trip. My mom who stays here take Aten 50 n Tonact-TG for her Bp problem. Can i take Aten 50 or tonact till i reach india in 2 weeks??? I am 45 yrs old woman n no other medical issues other than little high BP. Would appreciate yr advise. My email add YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  172
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Mishra,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
You can not exchange these medicines because they belong to different classes and there effects are not comparable. The antihypertensive medicines should be taken, increased or switched only in the supervision of your doctor. You need frequent BP assessment to see the response.
You should get telmisartan prescribed by a family physician there and take it in the same doses.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor